I get emails from Quora with lists of trending questions. I got one the other day that has possibly the best question I have ever seen.
You should check out the answer. The first on is pretty good.
- Use the crossbow as a threat to coerce others into growing spinach for you, using your initial stock as a starting point.
- Once their first spinach crops mature, collect a tax from each farmer at crossbowpoint to buy yourself a gun and ensure their future compliance. Sell the remainder of this crop to fund the purchase of weaponry for each of them.
- Have each farmer coerce 2 more farmers and so on down the line. Iterate until your spinach empire is self sustaining and producing $1Bn in revenue. Proper scaling and business methods are left as an exercise to the reader.
- Hire Elon Musk and the entire departments of physics at MIT, Caltech and Stanford for your SpinachX team and put them to work designing a time machine.
- Go back in time and provide yourself spinach and a crossbow. Trust me, you’ll thank yourself later.