- Scientists observe a black hole shredding a star for the first time. While these releases are never as sexy as we’d like them to be– it’s hard for non-scientists to get excited over things like radio telescope data and dips in light output– this is still a pretty cool thing we were able to study.
- The ever entertaining Larry Correia takes wokescolds to task for trying to unperson Hyperion and The Terror author Dan Simmons– a finer writer than most of us ever have a hope of being– over his refusal to to tow the line on Greta Thunberg.
- As kind of a general thing, I stumbled over this website with handy and relevant articles about weaponry for writers. It looks to be a great resource for anyone writing military or crime fiction.
Sales and Crowdfunding
- Our very own L. Jagi Lamplighter is crowdfunding a course on the art and craft of writing. She’s doing great at 200% funded, but there’s still a week to get in on it.
- Don’t forget, until Monday, Russell Newquist’s novels War Demons and Vigil are on sale in honor of Michaelmass.