Neptune. Lord of the Sea. Ruler of Pisces. Exalted in Cancer.
Mythologically, Neptune is associated with the sea, navigation, springs, horses, and racing. Astrologically, Neptune associated with idealism, dreams, dissolution, artistry, fluidity, illusion, and glamor. Astronomically, it is the beautiful sea-blue eighth planet. All these together tie in to what we think of when we hear “Neptune.”
Stories working with the genre conventions of Fantasy, Science Fiction, Weird/Pulp, or anywhere between will be considered.
Bullet point format:
- Word count is 1,000 – 10,000
- Poems will be accepted
- Reprints will be accepted
- Stories may be connected to Neptune astronomically, mythologically, or astrologically, as you prefer
- Submission e-mail is [email protected]
- Subject line should appear as follows: Neptune Submission/Story Title/Author Surname
- Submission deadline is Memorial Day, May 28th. Submissions after this date will be returned unread
The editor for this anthology is Daniel Koolbeck.