If you are sick of today’s portrayals of men as bumbling idiots, of fathers as incompetents, of masculinity as “toxic” then I invite you to send us your best story featuring men at their best.
- Stories showing the masculine virtues in a positive light.
- Stories that introduce or reintroduce young men to the manly virtues.
- Stories that pay homage to men and masculinity.
Well-crafted, immersive stories in all genres are welcome, but the manly virtue can’t depend on a speculative element, i.e. magic or superpowers do not make the man. You can have magic. You can have a superhero. But that’s not what makes him a man. It’s not what defines masculinity. Contact me at [email protected] if you’re not sure.
Submission deadline: Feb. 14, 2018
Short Story Formatting Checklist
- In the top left corner of page 1: Your name, address, phone number, and email address
- In the top right corner of page 1: Approximate word count
- In the middle of page 1: Story title and author name
- Beginning on page 2: top-header with your last name, the abbreviated story title (3 or 4 words), and the page number in top right corner
- Font: 12-point Times New Roman, double space with half-inch indents (like a book)
- Margins: 1-inch
- Line breaks: ###
- Format: doc, docx, rtf
Send submissions to [email protected] with the subject line: Manly Antho – YourStoryTitle.